The revered shrines of Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath are strung together under the pilgrimage trail of Char Dham. Modern day technological innovations have rendered the trip easily accessible. If you have constraints of time or simply want to skip the avoidable perils that one face while treading the path by road and on foot, consider availing yourself a char dham Yatra by helicopter package.
Char Dham Yatra by helicopter package covers in 4 nights and 5 days the entirety of the pilgrimage path, offering one ample time to enjoy one’s darshan at each of its holy stopovers. The two shrines of Yamunotri and Gangotri celebrate the River Goddesses Yamuna and Ganga at the sites of their corporeal origins respectively. Kedarnath houses the rare Jyotirlingam of Lord Shiva while Badrinath is the holy abode of Lord Narayan.
Note: Please know that the itinerary is not written upon rock, and can accommodate any changes you might need to make it to suit your preferences. Just talk to Our Travel Expert on Char Dham Yatra who will be happy to assist you.
Itinerary Details of Char Dham Yatra By Helicopter
|Duration:||05 Days / 04 Nights|
|Price INR:||On Request /- Book Now|
Day 1: Dehradun – Yamunotri
The helicopter ride begins from Sahastradhara helipad, Dehradun at 7:00 AM.
Arrive at Kharsali helipad in Yamunotri around 7:45 AM.
The journey begins and culminates at the helipad situated on Sahastradhara Road, Dehradun. The journey would begin with the ground staff giving you an exposition on the do’s and don’ts that ought to be kept in mind while on the helicopter ride. The helicopter takes off at around 7.00 am in the morning. The helipad for Yamunotri is located at Kharsali, from where the sacred shrine is at a distance of 6 km.
The first site to be visited in the Chota char dham shrines, Yamunotri is built near the geographical origins of River Yamuna near the Bandarpoonch Parvat. While River Yamuna emerges from Champasar glacier, the temple is located 1 km below it. The black marble idol of the Goddess worshipped in this temple built by Maharaja Pratap Shah of Tehri Garhwal is beautiful to behold. Other than the temple itself, the sacred hot-water springs at Janki Chatti attract considerable pilgrim attention. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2: Yamunotri – Gangotri
We will depart from Yamunotri helipad at around 7:45 am to alight at Harsil Helipad at 8:30 a.m.
The second day would have us visit Gangotri shrine, the second in Char Dham pilgrim trajectory. Harsil, the beautiful hill-station not much known to the outside world, would serve as our base to visit Gangotri temple. We would advise you to go straight to the temple from Harsil Helipad. It is a 50 min drive from Harsil covering the 22 km distance in between.
In fact, it is the river Bhagirathi that originates from Gangotri. The temple perched at a height of 3100 m above sea level is exquisitely white, evoking the sense of primal purity associated with the river itself. River Ganga earns the name from Devprayag, wherein Bhagirathi meets the mighty Alaknanda. The geographical origin of river from Gaumukh glacier can be witnessed only after trekking for 19 km ahead, across the terrains of Gangotri National Park for which one needs to earn prior permission. One can spend the evening at leisure and enjoy a stroll in the beautiful Harsil village. Why don’t you even consider purchasing some woolen items handmade by the village women? Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Gangotri – Kedarnath
The day ought to begin early since we are going to procure Lord Shiva’s darshan from Kedarnath shrine. We will move from Harsil helipad at 9.00 am. As per government regulations, we ought to change helicopter at Guptkashi/Phata. We will reach our holy destination within an hour, at around 10.00 am.
Kedarnath is blessed with Lord Shiva’s Jyotirlingam. There are only 12 jyotirlingams across Indian soil. The temple is merely half a kilometer away from the helipad, and would take a healthy adult a mere 15 minutes to reach from the helipad.
Hindu mythology traces the origin of the temple to the Mahabharata era. The present temple, though, is credited to Adi Shankaracharya of 8th century AD. The magnanimous Nandi bull statue and Jyotirlingam of Lord Shiva are truly beautiful to behold.
Provision for night accommodation has been arranged at Sitapur/Guptkashi. One can visit the mythological Triyuginarayan Temple in the evening; this is revered as the site of marriage of Lord Shiva and Parvati.
Day 4: Kedarnath – Badrinath
Depart from the hotel well before 10.00 am. The helicopter ride to Badrinath from the helipad will begin at 10.15 am. The flight of 45 minutes will land you at the Badrinath helipad at around 11 am.
After arriving at Badrinath helipad, one would be ushered in to the reserved hotel. After your check-in, you might visit Lord Narayan’s abode at Badrinath. Badrinath is one of the 108 divya deshams, the highly sacred shrines of Lord Narayan upon earth.
One can spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby village of Mana. One would be greeted with slogans of ‘India’s last village’ upon entering its terrain, for the village borders give way to Tibet on the other side.
Overnight stay at hotel in Badrinath.
Day 5: Badrinath – Dehradun
We have saved the best for the last! The highlight of the trip is your being able to witness the sacred Maha Abhishek Pooja at 4.00 am of the Badrinath temple from sitting so close to the deity himself. End the trip with your heart filled with gratitude and awe for all of God’s blessings in your life. The pooja would go on for about 2 hours. Talk about being recipient of such divine grace!
Depart towards Dehradun from the Badrinath helipad at around 11.30 am.
An hour-long helicopter ride would fetch you to Sahastradhara helipad, Dehradun.
The magical, spiritually enchanting journey would end by fifth day afternoon. Hopefully, we would have gifted you a trip worth your most cherished dreams.
- Your journey will commence from Dehradun and pony services will be made available which can be switched with palki services as per your convenience.
- You will be made to attend the holy Rudra Abhishek puja ritual at Kedarnath.
- Comfortable accommodation and stay along with complimentary meals.
- Overall transportation services from your pick up to the final drop along with fuel, toll, parking fees and driver charges. Other taxes will also be paid off for.
- VIP Darshan will also be made available in all the 4 Dhams of Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath.
- Comfortable car service along with experienced driver to take you sightseeing of the nearby holy places as well.
- Any meals that are unspecified and are bought by you apart from the meals that are mentioned in the package.
- Any guide services that you may opt for.
- Any sort of entrance fees that might occur while entering the monument’s premises.
- Personal expenses like tipping the driver or anyone who are not included in the package.
- Other personal expenses that you may avail like laundry services, phone bills etc.
- Airport tax, train tickets, air fare and travel insurance etc. along with services that are not specified in the package.
- An extra 5% of GST charge will be charged on overall billing.
Guidelines for Passengers
- Make sure that you don’t over pack for the luggage that you will be keeping inside the chopper, as per rules and safety measure, only 5KG of luggage is permitted for each passenger to carry. In case the passengers carry more than 5KG they won’t be permitted inside the helicopter.
- Make sure your luggage consists of a small bag which does not take up a lot of room inside the chopper. Only carry handbags and small sized bags, avoid big and bulky luggage like a suitcase.
- Keep in mind that all the char Dham locations are situated at extreme elevation and height passengers are advised to carry a medical kit along with them in order to avoid emergency medical situations.
- Remember to book your flight or train tickets for a return journey to Dehradun on your arrival there on the first day itself.
- If you have kids accompanying you who are over 2 years of age, then you will be required to take a full ticket and a birth certificate will also be required during the time of ticket booking.
- No concession or any sort of provisions for children or senior citizens.
Terms and Conditions
- A maximum of 4 passengers will be allowed in one helicopter along with 1 crew member i.e. the pilot.
- The total passenger weight should not exceed 320 kgs, ensuring the safety of the passengers.
- Maximum baggage limit for each passenger is 5KG and any passenger carrying the weight of over the said amount will not be allowed to board the chopper.
- Prices of the chopper are subject to change without any prior notice.
- In case of an extra night stay which may be caused due to unforeseen weather conditions or any other, then the extra cost will be borne by the clients themselves.
- In case you are not taken for Darshan due to harsh weather conditions, then your Darshan will be completed the next day, hence extending your Yatra by one day.
- If for any reason you are unable to complete your Dham Darshan or go on any site visit, then a refund will be made for the appropriate amount of the money according to the flying time.
- Being a service provider, we hold no liability to the loss or damage to your personal belongings which may occur directly or indirectly.
Reservations and Payments
- In order to secure a reservation, a 100% deposit of the tour cost is necessary.
- Prior to the commencement of your tour journey, a deposit of your payment, depending on the package that you have selected is vital.
- Tour package prices do not include the cost of internet usage, liquors, mineral water, travel insurance, souvenirs or the cost for any other unspecified item.
- Fees incurred by the airlines are completely the passenger’s responsibility.
- Before 30+ days – 10% of the overall tour cost
- Before 29 to 22 days – 25% of the overall tour cost
- Before 21 to 16 days – 60% of the overall tour cost
- Before 15 to 20 days – 100% of the overall tour cost
- In case you want to bring about any changes in your trip plan which diverts you from your destination then these changes can be made if the requests are made in writing before 21 days of tour commencement.
- No such deviations will be made within the 21 days of tour commencement.