The char dham yatra is a perilous pilgrimage which is taken up by devout Hindus from all parts of the subcontinent. All the Dham locations are situated on high elevations making the overall yatra extremely difficult to cover. Attempts are made by the Government of India who works seamlessly to make this pilgrimage journey easier and hassle-free for the devotees and pilgrims. The helicopter services have helped immensely in overcoming the otherwise rigorous and potentially unsafe road to the Dham. These aviation services have also reduced the Dham yatra duration from 10 to 12 days to 2 to 5 days. These char dham yatra chopper services are available from nearby cities like – Delhi, Dehradun, Augustmuni, and Phata among other destinations which fall en route. Helicopter services are also made available for the holy Hemkund Sahib Trek and UNESCO world heritage site of Valley of Flowers trek.
By road the Chardham Yatra journey is mentally and physically challenging and extremely difficult to cover by road, so these helicopter services for char dham yatra make it easy for a short, quick and comfortable yatra. One of the major helicopter services providers in Chardham Yatra is Pawan Hans who offer complete packages for Chardham Yatra including accommodation, meals, and VIP priority darshan pass which also consists of transport services for Harsil and Gangotri.
Helicopter Services for Yamunotri Dham:
Located in the Garhwal Himalayan region of Devbhoomi Uttarakhand, Yamunotri Dham is the seat of Goddess Yamuna and the starting point for the sacred Chota Chardham Yatra. Aviation companies like Pawan Hans and Prabhatam offer their Heli services from cities like Dehradun and Delhi. From Dehradun, the yatris will be flown to Kharsali helipad which is at a trekking distance of 6 kms from the main shrine of Yamunotri. There are accommodation facilities which are made available in Kharsali and Jankichatti for the convenience of the pilgrims.
Helicopter Services for Gangotri Dham:
Dedicated to Goddess Ganga – mother of Ganga this place is also considered to be the exact spot where Lord Shiva had received holy Ganga in his matted locks. Charter services are available from Delhi, Dehradun and Kharsali which head towards Gangotri. The closest helipad for Gangotri is located at Harsil and is at a distance of 24 km from the main Dham shrine. Once you deboard at Harsil you will be covering the remaining distance on road.
Helicopter Services for Kedarnath Dham:
The pilgrimage yatra to this dham is considered to be one of the most difficult dham shrines to cover. The last motorable road is located at a distance of 14 km at Gaurikund from the main temple and the remaining route up to Kedarnath is covered via rigorous trekking. Everyday flights to Kedarnath functions from Phata, Guptkashi, Shersi and Narayankoti are made available for the comfort of the yatris at reasonable rates. The pilgrims are deboarded at just a distance of few metres which can be covered comfortably on foot.
Helicopter Services for Badrinath Dham:
Helicopter services like Pawan Hans and heritage etc offer their chopper services from Delhi and Dehradun till the closest helipad at Phata and Guptkashi. People going to Badrinath opt for Helicopter services to Badrinath since the road to this dham is extremely lengthy, tiring and exhausting while the helicopter service will drop the Yatri off at just a few metres away from the main temple shrine.
Char Dham Yatra Helicopter Services Providers:
Here is a list of companies which offer helicopter services to Char Dham (Yamunotri, Kedarnath, Badrinath and Gangotri)
- Pawan Hans helicopter limited (PHHL)
- Prabhatam aviation
- Heritage aviation
- Pinnacle air Pvt Ltd.
- Himalayan aviation
- Aryan aviation
- Transbharat Aviation
- Timberline Helicharter
Charter Services of Helicopter:
- Delhi to Kedarnath – same day return with night stay
- Dehradun to Kedarnath – same day return with night stay
- Dehradun to Badrinath – same day return with night stay
- Phata to Badrinath – same day return with night stay
- Delhi to Badrinath – same day return with night stay
- Do Dham Badri – Kedar yatra from Dehradun – same day return with night stay
- Do Badri – Kedar darshan from Delhi – same day return with night stay
- Chardham Yatra from Delhi
- Char Dham yatra from Dehradun
Terms and Conditions for Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter:
- Accommodation facilities which are available at Kedarnath and Yamunotri are not of high quality. Harsil and Badrinath have a 3 stare category of accommodation available.
- 1 helicopter is only permitted to carry 5 to 6 people on board at a time.
- Priority tickets are only given to senior citizens and people who are handicapped.
- Extra charges will be levied on people who are carrying the luggage of more than 90 kg. In case the luggage weighs over 120 kg then the ticket charges will be doubled.
- Per passenger, just 5 kg of baggage is allowed and every pilgrim is not advised to carry heavy and bulky baggage due to the availability of limited seating space.
- Children over the age of 2 years old will be required to carry a full ticket since they will be provided with a seat and no concession will be given.
- Children below 2 years of age will be required to pay 10% of the overall cost without a seat. In case of advance booking you will be required to pay 50% of the whole amount in advance and the remainder payment will be made right before you are boarded.
- In case your flight is cancelled due to unpredictable bad weather conditions or technical reasons then the company is liable for a full refund along with the limited amount which is incurred on the services which remain unutilized. If your flight is cancelled then your ticket will not be carried forward to the next day when a brand new booking will be made for you.
- The rescheduling of a cancelled booking will be shifted to the next date which will be subject to the availability of seat.
- The passengers who will be booking for the same day return are advised to also buy a priority darshan slip since they will not be able to come back on the right time for the departure of the helicopter.
- 7 days prior – 20% of the total charter amount
- 2 days prior – 50% of the total charter amount
- Less than 48 hours prior – 75% of the total charter amount
- 24 hours prior – no refund of the total charter amount
- Ticket for Phata is subject to availability.
- In case the flight is rescheduled or cancelled for any reason be it weather, operational or technical then the passengers will have to travel on their own. The company will then be liable to a refund for the unutilized services amount.
- Make sure you do not carry any of the prohibited items inside your baggage items, keeping in mind the security of the aircraft and the fellow passengers.
- Oxygen facilities are also made available in Kedarnath.