Flanked by the lush green Garhwal Himalayas and situated amongst the cascading waterfalls Yamunotri Dham is known for being the starting point for the holy char dham yatra. This holy destination is known for being the seat of goddess Yamuna and is situated by the holy river of Yamuna. You can make your journey in a more comfortable manner by availing a discounted 1 day helicopter package of Yamunotri Dham.
- Thrilling helicopter ride
- Scenic view of the valley
- VIP darshan experience
- Aarti darshan
- Holy dip in Yamuna river
Day 1 :Dehradun – Yamunotri – Dehradun
7:00 am – You will be departing from the helipad at Dehradun (Sahastradhara). Remember to be on time and to reach the helipad location 1 hour prior to the scheduled time of departure.
8:00 am – After 1 hour you will be arriving at the beautiful hamlet of Kharsali from where your trekking journey of 6 kms to Yamunotri Dham will commence. You can also opt for some alternate way of travelling to the dham shrine like Doli or palki. It will take you almost 2 hours to cover the entire walking journey.
1:00 pm – You will be given 5 hours to complete your journey and head back to Kharsali where you will be boarding the flight heading for Dehradun which will also mark the end of your yatra journey.
- Assistance during arrival at the helipad in Kharsali
- Pony services for the trekking trail of Yamunotri
- Assistance during arrival or departure
- Fuel charges, toll price, parking fees and the allowance for driver.
- All the other prevailing taxes.
- Entry fees for any monument which should be paid directly upon arrival at the site itself.
- Domestic or international flight tickets.
- Personal prices like tipping, meals other than the ones mentioned under the inclusions section.
- Any things or item which is not mentioned within the ‘inclusion’ section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.Which is the helipad for Yamunotri?
A. The helipad for Yamunotri is called Kharsali helipad.
Q.How far is the helipad from the temple?
A. The helipad is half an hour away from Hanuman chatti.
Q.Will I have to trek up to the temple even if I choose to go by helicopter?
A. Yes. The helicopter will drop you off at the Kharsali helipad and from hanuman chatti you will still be required to trek your way up to the temple.
Q.Can I do yamunotri dham yatra in one day?
A. Yes. Yamunotri yatra by helicopter can be completed in one day.
Q.Can i go to the Yamuna river?
A. No. Due to the tricky terrain and challenging geography, there is no way to reach the source of yamuna river which is the frozen champasar glacier.