Glimmering Beaches, rolling surf, timeless ruins, number of elephants, fun trains, and fragrance of tea leaves coming out from tea gardens define the glory of Sri Lanka. The natural beauty, vivid culture, and the interesting history of the country make the country so alluring and attract millions of tourists from all across the globe. Sri Lanka is considered to be one of those places that must be in the bucket list of every traveler and if you have not spent your vacation ever in Sri Lanka then you must check out our 6 nights and 7 days long IRCTC Ramayana Sri Lanka Tour Package to explore the hidden gems of this tear-shaped country.
- Exploring the gorgeous Dambulla Cave Temple and the Sigiriya Fortress Site.
- Visiting Shri Lakshmi Narayana Perumal Temple, Koneswaram Temple, Temple of Tooth Relic, etc.
- Witness the incredible views of Gregory Lake.
- Shop out the things and bring them back as souvenirs.
Tour Itinerary - IRCTC Ramayana Sri Lanka Tour Package
Day 1 :Colombo- Chilaw- Dambulla
Welcome to Colombo, the capital city of Sri Lanka! Our representative will be waiting for you at the airport and after offering a firm welcome he will pick you up from the airport and will assist you in transferring towards Dambulla. Being a long journey, you are scheduled to have your lunch en-route and then continue your drive towards your destination city. You will be making halt on the way to visit Munneswaram and Manavari Temples and then on reaching Dambulla, check-in at one of your pre-decided hotels to stay overnight.
Day 2 :Dambulla- Sigiriya- Trincomalee
Post savoring the morning meal, complete the check-out formalities at the hotel and set out to explore the magnificent Sigiriya Fortress Site where you can only stop for the photoshoot. Next visit the Dambulla Cave Temple and then next visit the Shri Lakshmi Narayan Temple and Koneswaram Temple and then on reaching Triconmalee head towards the pre-booked hotel for night stay.
Day 3 :Trincomalee – Kandy
After you binge on the relishing morning meal, check-out from the hotel and transfer towards Kandy. On setting your foot in Kandy, you will be mesmerized with the fragrance of Sri Lankan foods so binge on mouth-watering lunch and then post lunch you are scheduled to discover some of the most important tourist sites including Peradeniya, Royal Botanical Gardens, and then in the evening enjoy the cultural show at Kandy. Later on, visit the popular Buddhist Site, Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and then by the time it gets dark unwind yourself in the comfy hotel room.
Day 4 :Kandy- Ramboda- Nuwara Eliya
Give a perfect start to your day with a relishing and healthy morning meal served at the hotel in Kandy. Start your drive towards Bahirawa Kanda Buddha Statue and then proceed towards Ramboda Shri Bhakta Hanuman Temple after you binge on the lip-smacking lunch. Next, continue your drive towards Nuwara Eliya where you can explore the tea factory and then stay overnight at the hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 5 :Nuwara Eliya
Likewise, other days, serve yourself with the morning meal and then lace up your shoes to visit the Sita Amman Temple, Gayatri Peetham, and the gorgeous Gregory Lake and also nationwide popular Divurumpola Temple. Conclude the 5th day of your Sri Lanka tour with an overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
Day 6 :Nuwara Eliya- Colombo
This is the time to check-out from the hotel in Nuwara Eliya but before you check-out take your breakfast. Start driving towards the popular tourist destinations including Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Kelaniya Buddha Temple, Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple and then conclude the daily schedule at the shopping hub of Colombo.
Day 7 :Colombo
Your journey as reached an end so pack your bags after gorging on the healthy breakfast. You will be dropped at the Colombo airport 2 hours before your flight time so that you complete all the boarding formalities on time.
- You will be offered with a round trip air ticket to Sri Lanka of economy class.
- Top-notch accommodations for 6 nights.
- All three meals of the day will be served to you.
- Entry tickets at all the places wherever it is asked for.
- Transfer from one place to another by AC Coach.
- You will be accompanied by a tour guide who can communicate in the local language as well as English so that you don’t find communication issues.
- You are eligible to claim for overseas medical insurance if you are below 70 years of age.
- All sorts of taxes for the above-mentioned services are borne by us.
- If in case VISA charges or airfare increases suddenly then that extra charge needs to be paid by the customers.
- Any kind of hike like fuel charge, airport taxes, etc. to be borne by you.
- There is no option to select your menu for the meal as everything is pre-decided.
- If you wish to offer a tip to driver, representative, or a guide then that is all from your pocket.
- Any kind of personal expenses including laundry charge, telephone bill, camera fees, meals apart from the itinerary, etc. are not inclusive of the package so be handy with the cash.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Is there any ravan temple in Sri Lanka?
A. Yes. the Koneswaram temple in Tincomalee is dedicated to Raavan and it is also said to have been built by him. It is here that raavan along with his mother used to worship Lord Shiva at this place.
Q.Where is the real Lanka of Ramayan located?
A. According to the ancient books, Raavan’s lanka is located 1213 kms off the coast of mainland india. Scholars have also interpreted that Lanka was located at the point where the indian prime meridian passes the equator.
Q.What are some famous places in Sri lanka associated with ramayan?
A. Some of the most famous ramayan related places in sri lanka are: Manawari temples Chilaw, thirukoneswaram temple trincomalee, sigiriya cobra hood, sita amman temple Nuwara eliya etc.
Q.Where is ashok vatika in Sri lanka?
A. Ashok vatika is situated in Nuwara eliya region of sri lanka.
Q.Where did raavan stay in Sri lanka?
A. Studies show that the palace of raavan was located in Sigiriya - the palace built by the kashyapa 1 of anuradhapura - the capital of the kingdom between plateau and forests.