Nuwara Eliya is an enchanting hill country in the Central Province of Sri Lanka which mostly see temperate winter in any time of the year. It is also charmingly called as ‘Little England’ because it was hill station escape for many English and Scottish pioneer in the past who very much introduced the colonial-era architectural style here. So, apart from the glimpse of various tea plantation fields, vegetable plots, towering hills, you will enjoy the luxury of renting a colonial-styled bungalow, hotels and also enjoy the rich heritage of this town. With our 2 days Nuwara Eliya City Sightseeing tour, enjoy the subtle warmth of this town and explore various tea estate and good-old British structures in this town.
- Stay in a 3-star Colonial-style Hotel.
- Hike through the Horton Plains and enjoy the scenic view of World’s End.
- Enjoy a calm walk in Victoria Park.
- An insightful walk to various Tea Estate and also enjoys the sight of St. Clair’s Fall.
- Visit the dairy farm of Ambewela.
- Explore the winter market for souvenirs.
- Enjoy a picturesque boat ride on the Gregory Lake.
- Visit the various colonial-styled structure in here.
Nuwara Eliya City Sightseeing Tour Itinerary
Day 1 :Start the tour from Kandy – Nuwara Eliya
As per the scheduled departure, you will be picked from your hotel room in Kandy and then, you will enjoy a scenic journey to Nuwara Eliya which is only 75 km away from Kandy. During the journey, you will be talked about the certain rules that you must follow throughout this journey.
On reaching Nuwara Eliya, you will be first taken to your hotel room where you will go through some check-in formalities and also, enjoy quick refreshment.
First you will enjoy Pedro Tea Factory tour, which is a huge tea plantation estate where you can get an insightful knowledge about how tea is made into reality. You will also enjoy a calm walk in this tea estate and later, you will walk up to St. Clair’s Fall which is also in the vicinity of this estate. So, you mostly enjoy the scenic reality of Sri Lanka at this place and be also to capture some of the real shots of this green country.
Next, you will enjoy a halt at Victoria Park where you see various different types of flower bloom and you can also watch many rare bird busking in the lush green beauty of this park. After a quiet walk, you will visit the Nuwara Post-office which will give you an insight about the colonial architectural style and is also one of the oldest working Post offices in Sri Lanka.
Next, you will proceed towards Gregory Lake which is about 2.7 km away from here and is also one of the main attractions here. The lake is centered in the middle of Nuwara Eliya where you can partake in many activities like Boat ride or horse ride. The boat ride will a 20-minute ride on the lake through which you will enjoy the cool breeze in here.
And lastly, you will enjoy shopping in the winter market of Nuwara Eliya where you can shop many cheap winter-styled clothing. And, can also enjoy the various street food dishes here.
Later, you will be driven back to your hotel room for the overnight stay.
Day 2 :Hike through Horton Plains to World’s End
- Pick-up and drop from Kandy for the Nuwara city tour.
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel room.
- Packed Breakfast for the hike.
- Transfer to various sightseeing site on a private vehicle.
- Boat ride fee will be covered by you.
- Any personal expense like camera fee, baggage fee, etc.
- Lunch and Dinner will also be covered by you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.What is the distance of Nuwara Eliya from Kandy?
Q.What should i buy in Nuwara Eliya?
Q.What are some things to do in Kandy?
Q.When is the best time to plan a trip to Sri Lanka?
Q.How long is Horton plains trek?