The holy cities of Varanasi and Allahabad are considered to be the two most important centers of pilgrimage for Hindus. These two cities hold immense importance in the Hindu religion as they have continually been mentioned in the ancient Hindu texts and are said to be one of the oldest living cities in the world. Furthermore, the presence of the holy river Ganges makes these places the focal point of Hindu pilgrimage.
- Discovering the holy site of Bharat Mata Mandir.
- Seeking the blessings of Lord Shiva at Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
- Exploring the huge Hanuman Temple and the famous Anand Bhawan.
- Visiting Vindhyachal and Sitamarhi temples.
Tour Itinerary - Varanasi Allahabad Tour Package
Day 1 :Arrival in Varanasi
You will be landing in Varanasi early in the morning. Our tour representative will be present there to greet you and take you to your allotted hotel. After checking in and freshening up in the hotel, you will be taken on a local sightseeing session. This local sightseeing tour will include a visit to the Bharat Mata Mandir, where you will witness the only map of undivided India carved into marble. Next, you will make way for Ramnagar Fort, which is made of red sandstone and sits in grandeur next to the river Ganges. You will then be taken for lunch of traditional Varanasi cuisines. During the afternoon you can splurge yourself with a shopping spree in the local bazaars and markets. Be sure to get your hands on the famous Banarasi silk saree. During sunset, you will be taken on a stroll in one of the several ghats where you will witness a peaceful and soul-enriching aarti on the bank of the river Ganges. You will finally be escorted back to your hotel where you will be served with a delicious dinner meal and an overnight stay.
Day 2 :Varanasi – Allahabad – Varanasi
Post breakfast you will then be driven off to the second oldest living city in India after Varanasi, Allahabad. Here you will make way for the very first visit to the Triveni Sangam which showcases the confluence of three rivers – Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. Taking a dip in this sacred place for Hindus will definitely be a one of its kind experience. A dip here is said to relieve you of all the sins one may have committed. After the refreshing dip, you will then be taken to Anand Bhawan, a historic house museum which has also served as the residence for the Nehru family in the past. After taking a tour of the wonderful museum you will then be taken to the ancient Hanuman Mandir nearby which is highly revered. This must-visit site will prove to be an enriching experience for everyone who is a devotee. Finally, you will be taken back to your hotel in Varanasi for dinner and night stay.
Day 3 :Varanasi – Departure
Morning in Varanasi will be reserved for a boat ride on the Ganga River from where you can feast your eyes to the wonderful and picturesque sunrise. Then you will be served with a hearty and healthy breakfast before our representative takes you back to the airport from where you can go ahead towards your onward destination.
- Any sort of vehicle charges including toll taxes, parking charges, driver charges, etc. are included in the cost inclusion column of our itinerary.
- Pick up and drop facilities are available to you from the airport or the railway station to the hotel and vice-versa.
- Hotels are available on triple sharing basis and breakfast will also be served to you.
- An exciting boat ride of almost 45 minutes that will let you discover almost all the ghats in Varanasi.
- If there is any sort of personal expenses incurred then that would be paid by you. Tipping, donations at the temple, laundry charges, etc. are not mentioned in the cost inclusion column.
- If you look for a boat ride apart from the one mentioned in our itinerary then you need to pay extra for this. Hiring a guide will be at your cost.
- Entrance Fee to any monuments is to be borne by you.
- Air or rail tickets are not part of our itinerary.
- Be ready to pay an additional 5% of GST charged on the total cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.What is special about Ramnagar fort?
A. Ramnagar fort is said to be the original ancestral home of the Maharaja of Banaras.
Q.When is the best time to go for the Allahabad tour?
A. The best time to go for the Allahabad tour is from October to March.
Q.How far is Varanasi from Allahabad?
A. Varanasi is 121 kms away from Allahabad and it takes about 3 hours to reach.
Q.Which is the fastest train from Allahabad to Varanasi?
A. The fastest train connecting Allahabad to Varanasi is the Patna Ahmedabad express that takes less than an hour to reach.
Q.Why is Anand bhawan famous?
A. Ananda bhawan is famous for being the ancestral home of the Nehru family. It was also the birthplace of prime minister Indira Gandhi.