The gleaming white temple of Gangotri is dedicated to goddess Ganga and is located on the edge of the holy river of Ganga. This stunningly white temple is a crucial pillar of the char dham yatra journey. This shrine can be reached easily either by road or by availing the exclusive 1 day Gangotri dham yatra by helicopter.
- Comfortable stays
- VIP darshan experience
- Delicious meals
- Exciting helicopter ride
- 24/7 assistance by tour manager
Day 1 :Dehradun – Gangotri – Dehradun
7:00 am – Make sure to reach the helipad of Sahastradhara in Dehradun in due time since the departure will take place at sharp 7 am in the morning.
8:00 am – You will be arriving at Harsil helipad in an hour. Our tour representative will transfer you to the shrine for darshan which is situated at a distance of almost half an hour.
11:00 am – You will be given almost 3 hours to complete your darshan rituals. After this you will be made to head back to Harsil.
12 noon – You will be arriving at Dehradun within 1 hour of travel and this will mark the end of your ek dham yatra journey to Gangotri.
- Assistance by tour representative upon arrival, road journey from Harsil helipad to Gangotri.
- Assistance during the time of arrival and departure.
- Toll prices, parking fees, allowance for driver and fuel charges.
- Any other prevailing taxes
- Entry fees to monuments which should be paid directly at the ticket counter.
- Domestic or international flight tickets.
- Various personal expenses like tipping, meals other than the one mentioned in the itinerary etc.
- Any other such costs incurred that are not mentions within the ‘inclusions’ section.
- 15 days prior to schedule or no show – no refund
- 15 to 30 days prior to schedule – 50% of the overall cost
- 30 and more days prior to schedule – 10% of the overall cost (taxes are non-refundable in any case)
- Note – no refunds will be made in case of any sort of road blocks, accidents or anything else.
General Instructions for Passengers
- The helicopter in no way is responsible for the loss or damage to the property of any of the passengers.
- A minimum number of 4 passengers are allowed on board inside 1 helicopter with the total passenger weight not exceeding over 300 kgs.
- Each passenger is allowed just a baggage of 5 kgs per person and not more than that. Exceeding the limit will cause problems and may even cancel your trip.
- Prices of the helicopter services are a subject to change without any sort of a prior notice. Make sure to confirm this in advance.
- You are required to pay 100% of your tour cost if you are looking for a confirmed reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.How far is the gangotri helipad from gangotri temple?
A. Gangotri helipad is located 25 kms away in Harsil and it takes an hour to reach by road.
Q.How long is the helicopter ride from Sahastradhara helipad to Harsil?
A. The helicopter trip takes one hour to reach Gangotri from the Dehradun helipad.
Q. When is the best time to go to Gangotri by helicopter?
A. May to early June is ideally the best time to go Gangotri by helicopter.
Q.What are the opening and closing dates for Gangotri 2022?
A. Here are the opening closing dates for Gangotri dham: opening - 3rd May 2022 / closing - 24th October 2022
Q.Do I need to trek to Gangotri temple?
A. No. trekking is not required to reach Gangotri dham. Roads are available.